With an Interactive Media Design Degree you could begin a career as an animator, multimedia designer, web site designer, interface developer, or even a video game designer. Classes include art, design, multimedia, animation, and web site development.
Bls.gov points out that graphic designers in the animation and interactive field will have the most employment opportunities. Those with education and training will be more likely to get hired. As websites, software programs, video games, cell phones, and other media avenues become more complex, the need for Interactive Media Designers increases. The outlook for this career path is favorable.
Careerbuilder.com lists many jobs that you would be qualified for after you’ve earned your Interactive Media Design Associate Degree.
- A 2D / 3D Graphic Rendering Specialist earns $24,000 to $65,000 a year.
- A Web and Multimedia Designer brings in $28,000 to $30,000.
- A Web Graphics / HTML Designer has an income range of $35,000 to $60,000.
- A Web/User Interface Developer earns $40,000 to $48,000.
- A Web Designer has a salary of $40,000 to $60,000.
Specialized Programs for Multimedia and Digital Media
- Communications, Broadcasting, and Journalism
- Multimedia and Digital Media
- Multimedia and Intermedia
- Television, Radio and Digital Communication
- Web Administration
- Web Page Design and Programming
Skills you will learn:
Once you have earned an Interactive Media Design Associate Degree you will be prepared to either enter the work force or pursue further education. Either way, the abilities gained through this degree are mandatory for future endeavors. Specific skills may include the following:
- Utilize industry standard design software
- Produce artistic renderings
- Animate graphic art
- Implement interactive features